Along with growing application on artificial intelligence in various fields of science, then the complex problems initially sticking by humans to be possible to solve. The application of artificial intelligence is not only applied on the field of technology based on Earth just for example the application of artificial intelligence in the robotic drones, robotic divers, etc. But, applied also on the mission on the red planet (Mars) for land a robot rover (robot explorers of Mars) in 2020 and also other missions in the future.
Determination of the exact location to a mission of landing on Mars is not an easy thing. On location will be selected should have a flat surface, situated in the lowlands, and free of dust and stones, so the robot rover can be landed by seamlessly without having to hit a rock or bump. The chosen landing site should be close to the area that will be studied by scientists, so that the mission be quicker in reaching the location of research .
Read also: the launch of 10 Iridium with Recycled Rocket Falcon 9 Space-X and the next Mission figure 1. Abstract paper proposed by a team of researchers from MIT on the Mission of landing a rover on the planet mars coming 2020 .
Two scientists from MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA), namely Rongier (Geologist) and Victor Pankratius (computer scientist at the Haystack Observatory) to develop a modern and sophisticated methods in solving problems in rover's landing the planet Mars. The method they are proposing is to use artificial intelligence (artificial intelligence, AI) so more quickly and systematically than done manually (with the conventional calculation). By using this artificial intelligence, mapped locations which can be used for the landing and the results were presented at a meeting of the American Geophysical Union fall in New Orleans.
In the paper the proposed stating that the MIT team of scientists designed a computer algorithms in the form of cryptic logic (fuzzy logic) . Vague logic is a branch of artificial intelligence that is defined as a methodology of "counting" with variable words (linguistic variable), instead of counting with numbers . The application of vague logic algorithms on paper there are input data as the number of degrees of membership form-forming dust and the nature of the geological map of the geography of the planet Mars. Then in the vague logic output didapatlah some of the exact location for the landing of a rover rover landing needs, proximity to the site of scientific research, and missions (search for the existence of water and life of ancient).
Rogier said that "the workings of cryptic logic algorithms similar to what is already done by humans on the determination of the previous landing missions". The advantages of belonging to cryptic logic is faster in determining potential map for landing until one to two days. However, if more optimized will be much more quickly again to require only a few hours to determine the location of the most potentially.
Testing the application of algorithms will be first to land rover for scientific purposes on a Mars mission 2020. The region will be targeted is one of the most potential for scientific research on Mars that is two locations called Margaritifer Terra Meridiani Planum and. The hope is these algorithms may be able to help quickly in any mission-mission landing on Mars so the search of life on other planets became increasingly real   .
- Wright, Katherine. 2018. "Meetings: Travel Advice for a Trip to the Red Planet". Physics, 9 January 2018 (https://physics.aps.org/articles/v11/4) retrieved on January 22, 2018
- Rongier, Guillaume & Victor Pankratius. 2017. "P13G-08: Artificial Intelligence Support for Landing Site Selection on Mars". AGU FALL MEETING, December 11, 2017 (https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm17/meetingapp.cgi/Paper/244037) retrieved on January 22, 2018
- Naba, Agus. 2009. "Fast Learning FUZZY Logic Using MATLAB." Yogyakarta: ANDI Publisher
- NASA (Jet Propulsion Laboratory, California Institute of Technology), 2020 Landing Site for the Mars Rover Mission (https://marsnext.jpl.nasa.gov/) retrieved on January 22, 2018
Latest posts by Wayan Dadang (see all)
- Tim Ilmuwan dari Universitas Memphis Menerapkan Kecerdasan Buatan untuk Memantau Kepadatan Lalu Lintas Berbasis Wi-Fi - 06 Maret 2019
- BrambleBee: Sebuah Robot Otonom yang Bertugas untuk Membantu Penyerbukan pada Tanaman - 02 Februari 2019
- Ilmuwan Yunani Buat Aplikasi Notifikasi Gempa Berbasis Kecerdasan Buatan - 31 Desember 2018